Monday, December 7, 2009

gift wrapping




I am the world's worst wrapper when it comes to gifts and this year discovered the most helpful tools for accomplishing this task.  The guaranteed straight paper cutter and hands free tape dispenser made my annual chore so much easier.  Why did it take Scotch so long to invent these delightful contraptions?  Today I am grateful they did.  I listened to Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong, Toni Braxton's Snowflakes, Kenny Roger's Christmas, Josh Groban's Noel and Chris Botti's December compact discs while accomplishing my goal.  I always get more presents as the season continues but the big wave is over and the trees are kept company with delights waiting to be opened by the boys.  I love this part of the holiday.  My back still hurts, though, so it must be time for a massage.  Kohler's in Burr Ridge has a new spa I have been meaning to check out so I may just make an appointment for me and Wayne very soon.  I give him massages all the time but it's fun to explore new places together and compare notes afterward over a glass of wine and a nice lunch. 
Give and you shall receive.  xo