Saturday, December 18, 2010

happy birthday darcy


Today we celebrate your 23rd birthday!  I vividly remember when we first met while Dan was in the hospital years ago and I fell in love with your vibrant energy.  A few years later, I did exactly what my mom did to me, and nudged Dan to consider you as a mate.  Time passed and your paths connected once again on St. Patrick's day, and the rest is history in the making.


Your effervesence for life is contagious.  Now that we share an abode, our family has deeply bonded with you.  Do you realize how wonderful it is for me to have another female to giggle with and share girlie talk? (code for gossip)  Steve adores you and shares things that I am sure I'll never know about.  Wayne gets a kick out of your little grunts and while we never eavesdrop, occasionally we hear you and Dan chatting and laughing in your love nest.  Everytime Wayne goes downstairs he remarks how nice it is kept (he never said that when Dan was there alone!)


We are blessed to have you as part of our tribe and look forward to making many more memories with you and your family.  Both you and Dan are close to graduating college and will inevitably plan for your future together.  Just know we love having you in our lives and both of you are welcome to stay as long as you need.  Who else will eat my baking creations?  I'll make sure we have lots of hot chocolate and marshmallows this winter so you and Steve can bond while watching scary movies.  I'll burn our scented candles and find more books for us to read together.


As a mom, I cannot thank you enough for bringing out the best in my son.  He communicates more with us, he beams with a big smile whenever you enter the room, he leaves his man cave to take you to dinner and visit the zoo.  I am grateful you connected and that he brought you into our lives.  My wish is for you to feel as much joy and happiness as we do because of your love.  You're an amazing woman, Darcy.  Have a beautiful birthday.  We love you.  xo