Tuesday, April 20, 2010

for Lady Di

I stopped at the Home Depot on Butterfield and found these lovely flowers - my very favorite are the cyclamen and they had this new variety of hydrangea called Strawberries and Creme.  I thought of my Aunt Diane for her hydrangeas are beautiful and these would enhance her garden.
These gorgeous flowers are Senetti and Candituft.
Another of my favs is the Calla Lily.  They depict femininity and this little Orange Star matches beautifully.
A friend of ours brought by this absolutely delicious snack.  The bowl was filled a few days ago, and I made chili and this was a great topper, but mostly we munched on it by the handfuls.  Thanks, Susan. Recipe follows:

2 12 oz. bags oyster crackers
2 cups olive oil
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing powder
1 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. lemon pepper
 1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Combine ingredients and put in baking dish.  Bake at 250 degrees for 90 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  Indulge!

Today I made soup with anything I had left over, including sausage, zucchini, celery, carrots, corn, potatoes and cheddar cheese.  I used the chicken and broccoli broth from yesterday.  Something to consider: when your bag of nachos is almost empty, save for a few little chips, save them and put in your soup for a different, tortilla flavor. Waste not, want not. xo