Monday, April 12, 2010

feedback

Most of us bloggers and members of the facebook community extend our thoughts and feelings to the world.  We take time to share the knowledge we have with friends, family and complete strangers.  We let the universe be aware of our existence.  We put it out there.

If you're like me, I get a tickle when I share my stuff.  Each morning I look forward to spontaneously posting whatever I have in my head, and many times I pre-write things, especially if they require quotes and some research, just so I get it right and honor those who provided inspiration for my offerings.  I like to keep facebook as my happy, go to place and the blogs are where I get into the heavier, deeper stuff.

There are quite a few followers who converse via these tools.  Instead of phoning, we share our daily meanderings with typed words and look forward to responses.  It is natural for me to inform them how their creations affected me and vice versa.  Not only does it reinforce the fact that someone is paying attention to what I write, but they take the time to let me know.  Nice. 
When I began blogging, I received numerous comments and the majority were heartwarming and sincere.  Anyone who has the courage to extend themselves in this manner must expect some negative feedback.  You can't please everyone all the time.  I like to offer positive energies and not use these sites as bitch stations.  That's just me.  However, there are a few who will offer their distaste.  I accept that and make sure I publish all expressions.  I learned this from Steve Dahl, for he occasionally publishes what people think and they are not always pretty.  It's the proverbial you can dish it out, but you can't take it.  I can take it.

I enjoy reading postings and blogs from people and thanks to stat counter, I realize how many people all over the world are reading my contributions.  Some have commented and this provides a connection with the reader.  Comments are encouragement for writers to continue sharing.  It's exciting to get feedback.  I have attended countless speeches, seminars, lessons, meetings, and they asked for the participants to complete a survey or questionnaire to gain my insight.  This is done so whomever is providing the service can improve.  Comments are important.  Identities are unnecessary.
One of the best parts of facebook is when someone posts pictures offering a share of their experience.  I love to comment on them, for then I feel as if I have been a part of that moment.  Our world has changed so much that cyberspace provides the relationship connection we as humans need to grow.  Hugs and handshakes are better, but when someone is a continent away, this way will suffice.
I encourage you to share your thoughts with those who express themselves.  You are important and what you think and feel can be validated.  It's called feedback because it returns a part of the output of a system to the input.  Say what you need to say.  Bring it.  Share it.  Much obliged. Thanks. xo