Saturday, February 20, 2010

overwhelming love

Can you see it?  Can you feel it? The sun is shining a little brighter, the air is lighter.  Spring is just around the corner.  Soon it will be time to begin my spring cleaning.  It takes me awhile as I go room to room, level to level.  I still need to purge all my business documents since I've decided to close that door. I'll accomplish this tedious task next week, to clear my time for the big one.   I do some sort of cleaning everyday so when I become the white tornado at this time of year, it's not so tedious.  Luckily, I have never been a big fan of curtains so not much to refreshen there. My windows and walls are easy to clean and wooden floors just need a little sprucing up.  The carpets are new so no problems there.  I find it amazing how creative those little dust bunnies can be as they hide in the most inconspicuous places.  I'll scope them all out eventually.  My cleaning tools are at the ready.  They all smell so good, but the best part is opening the windows after a long hiatus of being closed. That fresh, clean smell from Mother Nature beats all others.  Soon.  This is my March Madness.
I had the pleasure to attend a fabulous play at the McAninch Arts Center at College of Dupage called Love Song by John Kolvenbach. The director, Bryan Burke, offers a presentation of 'contemplation of the nature of love in its many forms,combining humor and pathos as the characters explore the many facets of this crazy little thing we call love: passionate new love, long-lived mature love, love as it ebbs and flows, the conflicted nature of those who are in love and the power that love has to transform us, affect us and complete us.  Love is a song that rings true and carries the tune of a simple universal human truth.' I am grateful Steven's school exposes him to such talent and insight to expand his horizons and glad I shared it with him.  Next we will see something psychologically gripping - Shutter Island.
Today Wayne and Mike are going to the auto show with Joe Birkett and Nick.  Guys day out. The band met last night to jam and bond and they all had a blast.  Cars and music.  That's all they need to make their spirits soar.  Mike is avidly in pursuit of finding a Porsche for Wayne.  I like this one.  Wayne looks good in green; it's up to him.  I have my dream car already, now it's his turn, when he is ready.  He will probably wait and get a new one.  I enjoyed visiting with my dad; made the chili/pizza run last night and gave him a long overdue massage.  Hope he feels relaxed and refreshed.  He is our Big Daddy. :)
In 3 weeks we will be in San Antonio, Texas visiting the Riverwalk, Alamo, Seaworld and indulging in their fabulous food.  Wayne will be working, but that's how we have travelled recently, combining business with pleasure while exploring our country at a discount.  We were going to visit this fine town regardless and it took 30 minutes to confirm all reservations. It is so much more enjoyable when the cost is defrayed.   The warm weather will be a welcome treat to help us get through the winding down of winter.  I will be preoccupied with gardening after this trip and before you know it we will be on our way to Dreams at Punta Cana for our coveted family vacation. 

Prayer:  Can it be true, great God, that you love me as much as I love my child - and even more than that?  Thank you for your overwhelming love.  Help me to listen to Jesus this Lent and so ask you for good things every day.  And when I get them - and even when I don't - may I give thanks.  Amen.

xo