Saturday, May 1, 2010

apollo's apaches

Apollo's Apaches.  My uncles, Ray and Richie, practiced with their friends in the basement on the southwest side of Chicago.  This is where I began my groupie days, cheering them on most Sundays.  Richie was the Apollo.  They were on Dick Biondi's radio station in the 60's and I heard their song being played.  Very cool, indeed.  My cousin, Deena, sent this picture to me and I just had to give a shout out about them.  I included the lyrics to both songs for your pleasure.
CRY ME A LIE

Well, I cry, every single night,
c'mon you tell them lies about the other guy
and I know, although it hurts you so
this time it's goodbye,
so go on cry me a lie

Well, I cry, every single night
and I'm feeling blue,
'cuz baby I'm still in love with you,
so go now..
but don't you ever say
I didn't do my best
to try and make you stay.

And I cry
every single night,
crying over you,
well, I hope that guy makes
you cry too, so go -
go get 'em apaches,
yeah, go..

I'll cry me a lie,
Go on and open your eyes
so go now,
but don't you ever say
I didn't do my best
to try and make you stay.

C'mon and cry me a lie.

BOSS, BE GOOD TO ME

This is a warning
from me to you,
be good to me,
or baby, we're through.
Be good to me
and baby be nice,
'cuz I ain't , no I ain't
gonna tell you twice.

Be good to me, baby,
you know that I love you.
Be good to me, baby,
you know my heart is true,
and all I want, you to do
is try and be true.
Be good to me.

You're leading me on,
first you build me and
then you're gone.

We'll do it my way, baby
or we'll do it
no way at all.
Be good to me,
or baby, your tears are gonna fall.
Be good to me and treat me nice
cuz I ain't, no I ain't gonna tell you twice.

'Cuz I'l always be in love with you
but you must be true.
And all I want..

ooo ooo

All I want you to do
is to try and be true,
true to me.

Now I will have these songs in my head for days.  xo