Wednesday, May 26, 2010

strange

For fast acting relief, try slowing down.

I was just meditating in my garden, opened my eyes, and it looked like it was snowing.  It is almost 90 degrees outside!  The cottonwood just flew everywhere so softly.  Soon I'll be sneezing. I put on my clog shoes and felt a soft, annoying lump, so I took it off and flipped it and out popped a baby frog.  He was traumatized but alive.   Poor thing. 

Look with wonder at that which is before you.

This sky was so beautiful and I just had to take pause and thank God for kissing us with his graces.  As I listened to my ipod, I heard a familiar song and couldn't quite put my finger on where I heard it before; then it came to me - the song they play during all the tender moments, reunions and flashbacks during LOST.  It is called Opus 26 by Dustin O'Halloran.  The sky depicted its melody perfectly.

Hold fast to your dreams, for it dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

This little guy was watching me for awhile.  Now I'm inside making chicken fajitas (one of Wayne's favorites.)  While it is simmering I decided to watch the Grey's Anatomy finale and it is only 25 minutes into it and I had to take a few breaks already - it is sooo intense.  90 minutes to go.  I look forward to American Idol tonight - both contestants are worthy; Lee is our homeboy but Crystal has been my favorite from the beginning.  She is such a modern day hippie-chick.  Happy birthday to my neighbor and friend for a quarter of a century, Robin.  We chatted for a bit but will celebrate with breakfast tomorrow morning at Egg Harbor Cafe in Downers Grove.  Wayne and I usually go to the one in Hinsdale, so it will be fun to check out the other location. 

There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness. xo