Sunday, March 14, 2010

the priestess


There are four fundamental forces in physics: electromagnetism, strong nuclear interaction, weak nuclear interaction and gravity. These are forces that bind the universe.  What binds humans?  LOVE. Love is powerful in small spaces yet with profound effect on distance.  Love defies time - outliving both its source and its object.  Love is faster than light, for light requires time in order to travel through space, but love reaches its object instantaneously.  Love journeys forever into infinity and it is here binding together two lives.  The rings are symbolic of eternity and rendured in a beautiful element.
This is an exerpt from the season finale of Numbers in a scene where Charlie and Amita finally get married.  Their vows are sealed by their friend, Larry, who is a minister of the Universal Life Church.  This reminded me that I, too, am a Minister of the Universal Life Church, which allows us to marry albeit in a non-denominational manner.  If someone wishes to tie the knot, I can provide this service.  It's kind of like a captain of a ship.  I received my certification documents in 2002 and have never had the opportunity to utilize them, but it's fun knowing I can if ever the situation warrants a priestess.  Who knows?  Someday I may add that to my list of accomplishments.  I was moved by Larry's words, for if you follow this show, they are all super duper genius and this show gives us a glimpse as to how we simpletons can relate to their numerical processes.  Despite having scientific solutions, the characters examine their humanistic and emotional aspects to both their lives and how tangled the webs can be.  Let's see if Charlie's brother, Don, marries Robin in the next season. 
I hope so. 

I now pronounce you husband and wife.   xo