Tuesday, October 25, 2011

cookies

Just ask the cookie monster ~ best cookies ~ ever!  While baby slumbered, I dabbled in preparing a batch of dump cookies.  I call them that because I made oatmeal in the morning and no one ate it and being a waste not, want not kinda gal, I dumped it with additional ingredients and I must say, they are the best I ever ate.

Cookie Monster Cookies


Prepare Quaker Oats oatmeal as directed using milk, embellishing with Macintosh apple chunks, Ghiradelli chocolate morsels, crushed peanuts, dash of cinnamon.  In a large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, teaspoon of vanilla and a stick of butter (softened)  Combine all ingredients and mold into balls the size of your palm.  This is very sticky but fun.  Place on a cookie sheet or baking stone (bakes the best) and flatten with a spatula.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350.  They are so soft and moist and delicious.  The apples really make them yummy.

My little moonface with his new owl hat.
He took a 3 hour nap and I am sure he grew a few inches.  His pediatrician announced at four months, he weighs 17 lbs. and is 25 inches long.  I love that little guy.  He watches 15 minutes of Sesame Street and really, really likes Elmo, and Bert and Ernie.  Christmas is coming. LOL. Such a cutie patootie. 
My Danny in Vegas with his buddies celebrating Cody's 25th birthday. Check out all the chips! 
Mike, Margarita and Dillan ~ his daddy really gets him squealing!
Steve and Ellen tinkling the ivory ~ life is good xo