Sunday, October 24, 2010

indian prayer

Indian Prayer

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
when you awake in the morning hush

I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet
birds in circling starlight at night

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep

Remember Me
 
To the living, I am gone
To the sorrowful, I will never return
To the angry, I was cheated
But to the happy, I am at peace
and to the faithful I have never left.
 
I cannot be seen, but I can be heard
So as you stand upon a shore
gazing at a beautiful sea
remember me
 
So as you look in awe at a mighty forest and its grand majesty
remember me
 
As you look upon a flower and admire its simplicity
remember me
 
Remember me in your heart, your thoughts,
and your memories of the times we fought,
the times we laughed, for if you always think of me
I will have never gone.
 
 
I found this on a card and was compelled to share as a reminder that those we love are always with us.  It is that time of the year and must be in my mind after viewing Hereafter.

Take a look around,
they're the sunlight in our hair;
the shadows on the ground;
the whisper in the wind.

They are already there. xo