Sunday, October 3, 2010

happy autumn

my pretty heart-shaped mum

The cool season is upon us, gently reminding us of colder days to come; but in the meantime, I plan to enjoy every sunny, crispy day as much as possible.  I notice the air is so fresh as I take my dogs for their daily walk, and they sniff around much longer, taking advantage of the new smells.  We spent three weekends trimming trees and brush, saving us at least a grand on landscaping bills, but we enjoyed working outdoors and everything looks so manicured once again.  Our flowers are still blooming but I decided to plant some golden mums called Sweet Cheryl around the home. 
don't be too scared...

Instead of watching football I decided to decorate for Halloween to give the kids a little spirit to come home to, not to mention I was supremely bored.  I have fun putting fake spiders on their pizza and they return the favor by putting them in my water jug.  It keeps things interesting around here and they wonder what they will find next. 
Pumpky

We spent this weekend cleaning up after our former tenant and together we made great progress.  I look forward to the day when we have one dwelling to maintain, but until then, onward soldiers...I got such a deal on the flowers so I went and spread the beauty at my Dad's place and brought some for Carrie to plant as well.  We lost another member of the Greatest Generation this week, for my Great Aunt Jeannie passed away.  She was the last of the Sutter family to join her 8 sisters and brothers. It was nice spending time with our relatives and catching up on our lives.  I was surprised to find out her real name is Genevieve.  May she rest in peace; although, I imagine with all of them together, they will be partying up a storm.
Ozis and Thumper

We celebrated Karen's 21st birthday at Dao and it was such a treat to see all the artistic meals spread all over the table.  We continue to enjoy the visits with our boys and their significant others.  The girls bring a sweet energy to our lives.  Today I am preparing the Chicken Parmesan Pasta dish and will dabble in my weekly baking by making Halloween cupcakes.  Our fireplace is on again and will remain so everyday until May.  This is one of the best investments we ever made.  The Bears are 3-0.  Let's see if they can keep it up; Wayne is very happy all week when they win.

You can't win any game unless you are ready to win. Connie Mack

Negativity always arises out of an unhealed part of you. Neale Donald Walsch

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.  Helen Keller

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and abundance. Then, whenever doubt, anxiety or fear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal - and soon they'll forget my number.  Edith Armstrong


GO BEARS! xo